Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HD 6670 1GB GDDR5

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FIFAguru

FIFAguru

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

Hi im gonna buy a radeon hd6770 1gb GDDR5 video card and a core 2 duo e8400 or pentium dual core e5800 next month(no plans for a sandy bridge CPU)....Im a mid range gamer...My motherboard says it has a pci-e x16 slot but it doesnt say the version....So will the card be compatible with my mobo as the card is gen 2.0 of pci-e x16 and also GDDR5...Will it interfere with my RAM which is DDR3??

||||||Pentium 4 3.0 GHz||Strontium 2 GB DDR3 RAM 1333 MHz||1440 x 900 Resolution LG Flatron L192WS||

Gigabyte G41M Combo||Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit||

120 GB HDD + 40 GB SSD|Current Card---|ASUS nVIDIA GeForce EN210 Silent 1GB DDR3|||||

Please help..Ill buy as per your recommendations...

2. If not suggest a video card under $100 for games in mid-high settings....Max Payne 3,Crysis 2/3,Arkham City,AC III Liberations,Sleeping Dogs,NFS Shift 2 Unlished->Most Wanted 2,Call of Duty MW2,MW3<Black Ops,Black Ops 2,Devil May Cry Vergil's Downfall.

My choices are HD6670,HD6570,HD5850,HD5750,HD5670.Will they be compatible with the above said pentium dual core (i mean an intel processor)??

Thanx in advance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>................

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dgdawg

dgdawg

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

It will run on a PCI-E 1.0 slot but at the slower speed.  I would bump the RAM up to at least 4 GB if you can.  Any way you can find out which MB you have?

I have a 6770 and it will play Guild Wars 2 on max settings at 50-100 fps, although I have an AMD FX-8350 and 16 GB.  I think the 1.0 slot and your RAM/CPU will be the limiting factors.  My old Phenom x4 and 4 GB of RAM played Guild Wars 2 good on mid settings.  Sorry, I can't give you any advice on the games you play.  The 6770 will be the best one to transfer to a newer computer in the future.

#3 FIFAguru

FIFAguru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Ok in the next month my dad is going to replace the mobo with a new one for his programming,video editing as well as for my gaming...It will be a LGA1155 supporting 16GB of dual channel RAM...Then i'll be buying an i3,2GB more of RAM,a 400W PSU and then i'll pair it with the HD 6670....Then will it be worth? (I'll not be bumping with socket LGA775 anymore)

Thanx in advance again Bleepingcomputer and thanx a lot dgdawg...i'll look up to you in future...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users