Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi yaŽll from Costa Rica

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 malerror

malerror

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

I heard good things about Bleeping computer from a good friend of mine. He is a really good computer tech guy and I respect his opinion.

as they say here "Pura Vida Mae"

lol

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

HI and Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Just curious, I fed that through Google Translate and got the same thing back.

Thanks

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 malerror

malerror
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

Roger

I think Pura Vida Mae is " Pure Life Man!" or close to it. Mae (sounds like my-hey) is slang talk.

and "Hi ya´ll from Costa Rica would be " De Costa Rica, Hola a Todos!"

anyway, I had a nasty ransomware trojan, got F8 booted to restore (didnt work) but got online because I ignored the "Rundull32.exe warning boxes", got combofix, malwarebytes and hitmanpro. fixed it. I have not run combofix as it was not necessary. We´ll see, huh?

Trojan agent was called Cotowid.dat

Thanks,

Malerror (mal error = bad mistake)

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Many Thanks for the Information

Hopefully all is good on the Malware front now.

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 malerror

malerror
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Rotor

strange, just awhile ago I/OBitmalware asked to upgrade. I did. Did a quick scan. It found nothing. Then, Bam, I got a blue screen warning (first time ever in the 4 yrs of this laptop, an ACER4720Z) The warning referred to a software problem of recent, so...

so I delited I/Obitmalware fighter.  Used CCleaner to clean registry. I dont need I/Obit anyway. Im doing a defrag now using Smart Defrag2.

I have a feeling something still lurks in this machine. I will do a complete scan at bedtime and see what happens.

Thanks Guys

Malerror

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

You can always go here to the "AM I Infected" Forum for a ALL Clear.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Follow the instruction on the top of the page.

I hope when You said "so I delited I/Obitmalware fighter" you used the Uninstall.

Good Luck
Roger

167 @ June 2015

#7 malerror

malerror
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Rotor, oops, I meant to say Uninstalled I/Obit. I also removed registry remnants of I/Obits. So far so good. I will check out the "Am I infected" forum after the weekend. I can´t use the computer when GirlFriend visits, it pisses her off. Typical Latina BS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users