Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is that possible....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bikaone

bikaone

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

I had a trojan 2 days ago. Someone tried to go in to my email accounts, from the Philippines. Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail was compromised . All 3 them warned me to change the passwords. I had a huge amount of junkmail all of a sudden. This time my own virus protection find the sucker. It was a ransomware. And as i was searching i went in to Firefox>Options...security. Ane here is this  website , sinsofasolarempire.com with a passwrord . I never play games and had no idea how this website got in to my Firefox browswer. Today i was searching a bit and i find it out this game created  by Stardock . I own Objectduck and i was searching days ago for some "dressing" for my PC like a new interface.

So i got this feeling i did downloaded the trojan with the new interface (rar file) strait from Stardock's site. And as i was reading it the game playes multi player, so after it installs it opens certain ports? And after that it is a free for all? Just wondering because this is a game what anyone would remember to install, but the game actually was never installed to my PC, only the password and the name of the site.....Any idias? I am just wondering about this....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,058 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Hello It does appear that someone accessed your machine. To see what is going on and fix it we

should get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Didier Stevens

Didier Stevens

• BC Advisor
  • 2,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

So i got this feeling i did downloaded the trojan with the new interface (rar file) strait from Stardock's site.

If you still have the file, please submit the file to VirusTotal and post the link to the VirusTotal scan result here.

Didier Stevens
http://blog.DidierStevens.com
http://DidierStevensLabs.com

SANS ISC Handler
Microsoft MVP 2011-2016 Consumer Security, Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
MVP_Horizontal_BlueOnly.png

If you send me messages, per Bleeping Computer's Forum policy, I will not engage in a conversation, but try to answer your question in the relevant forum post. If you don't want this, don't send me messages.

Stevens' law: "As an online security discussion grows longer, the probability of a reference to BadUSB approaches 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users