Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello Folks, Friends & maybe - Family? making my 2nd introduction...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thomas1gun

thomas1gun

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

user name is : thomas1gun, am turning 60 this June.

my user-name refers 2 my tongue, because IT forms the words my mind thinks of,

alot of folks do not know that what they say, (out of their own mouths),

comes true for them. "I" have found this to be extremely true in my own life.  

amazing little known facts are my joys, anymore. no-one to occupy my attention span or life, in now 18 yrs.

so, durring that time have devoted my-self to various educational pursuits, (with-out going to college),

After having Driven "Over-The-Road" Heavey Trucks across America for 27 yrs. I now, am not allowed to

Drive any-thing, because of medical condition of my body, But my mind is still active, Hence the "educational Pursuits".

my basic pc set-up is Now : Linux/Debian/Ubuntu, running Deb as base sys.

done the win7 thing, all the way to 'Ultimate', it was still to restricktive for me. in creative ways. not in my mind, but in

the Programs designed to keep me on 'one' train of thought, while using win7. so I got off that merry-go-round.

use Firefox as a browser & protection while on the net. I am NOT a Tech in any way, shape, or form. I do compile

some "things", almost always for public use, Have only purchased  > 2 <  PC's, ever, using one now, (been using

Free-Builds of my own, out of throw away piles, since 2002. U'd b amazed at what folks throw away).

The other one, is my problem & I'll ask that question in anotther topic area. Grew up in Florida, when Disney was

secretly buying all the swamp land in Central-FLa. 9 yrs later, construction began & I joined the service,

that was 6 yrs spent in one train of thought, luckily, my dad, made me get a Class "A" Truck Drivers license,

when 16, with this in mind : "as long as your license is Clean, with NO mis-haps, you will always find 'work' & he was correct",

so when I got out of the service(was Driver In Service, as well), was fairly easy to land a job. Finding some-one who was

Honest as an Employer was almost impossible, so stuck to major corps. never killed any-one in an accident,

thank GOD & had three. none my fault as testified by Highway Patrols as 1st to arrive at scenes. anyway that's

my life as it stands to-day in a nutshell. am glad to make y'all's aquaintence.

I'll close out with this thought for everyone : never-give-up, no matter the endeavor.                 t1g                   thank you for future experiences, before hand.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

Wow! Not many people give such a comprehensive introduction - thanks for joining up, and welcome to the forums.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hello,

You mention that this is your second introduction.  Since this topic here is your only post on BC at this point, I have to wonder if you had a previous identity here.  If so, what was your previous display name?

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 thomas1gun

thomas1gun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Yes, this is my 2nd time, 1st time was a quite while back, say 1-3 months, i can't recall exactly, as my memory slips in & out of focus because of Medical reasons. Can tell the circumstances tho, because i have them written down. thomas1gun has been my user-name for almost a full year now, with Firefox & a couple of other sites. With-in the past 3 months I have been knocked off the Net, on a almost twice a week basis, somestimes more often than I care to recall, (happened twice last nite, while i was viewing You-tube vids). Anyway it was after viewing & signing up for this site, that I started having 'connection' problems, Thru a constant cable connection, ie : Comcast. When i signed up for this site two days ago I thought it looked familar, but paid it no mind, then done with registration, a narritive pops up on my screen with "welcome Back, thomas1gun", & thought to myself, when have i been here before? then recalled that I was here & did not bother to log/sign in, at the time. I cannot recall why, either, maybe just my ADHD mind, was too impatient with signing in/log-in procedures. not a few minutes after leaving this page, was on another server & received a 'flash', screen just brightened up for a sec, then everything was just gone. Was not on the net, Black screen, & no OS 2 operate with. WTH?? I thought. what's going on? called Comcast they told me I was still on the net, "really" I replied I was just knocked off the net, they said "well, we show/see that there are 3 Pc's in operation, at your place of residence at this moment. asked them  to hang on while I checked this out. My house mates were both on their respective PC's, so where was 3rd? asked comcast, they said it was connected thru a 'junction box' now, we only have 1 junction box at our house, (I share a house with a married couple & their youngins & animals), so I went out to the junction boc & there was this 2 inch long round 'offical looking' Connection between the actual cable & the junction box, told comcast about this & they replied " we'll be out in the morning to check this out" I agreed with them, thanked them, said good-nite & returned 2 my upper room & tried to discover what happened 2 my OS, (was win7 Ultimate at the time). Any way turned out that one of the neighbor-hood kids,(??),(I thought it was kids, Did not believe or have any inkling, who actually had), had a way to siphon connection data, wirelessly, thru that 2 inch long cable connection, comcast did not claim it, asked me what I wanted done with it, told them 'they' should take back 2 their labs & analize it, "we do not do that" the cable guy replied & i said maybe you should?  leaving the question in the air, turns out this little round 2 inch piece of technology was a novelty & no-one at comcast had ever seen one Before. it's been a month or three since that incident & I been knocked off Net cosistently, it seems, anytime some-one wants me off the net, Until I started to experiment with Linux/Debian/Ubuntu. Now, i will never run win7 or any ms product on my PC again. So that's what 'I' believe what happened at the time, still do not know 'who' did this, the house to my east is only 15 ft away, (actual space between walls of Houses), & family that was living there moved out three days aftert the incident. That family was always friendly to every-one, the guy was from India & his wife & kids looked & acted normally, (what's Normal about this situation? nada!), but they never gave any indication of being "hacks", Questions about Pc's or connection speeds or even OS systems used, by them or of my House-hold. But, The "Crashes" try to continue & every now & again, my PC does crash while on the net, have learned 2 be back up almost immediately afterwards with my present system. Never Could figure out how to do it with ms soft-ware.  Anyway, that's What "I" believe Happened & cannot say it was what actually Happened. I do not intentionally make up "stories", as that would be lying & does not sit well with my conscience. Just recently, 4 days ago, Comcast caught a "bot" coming to my pc, Traced it, Informed me, asked if I wanted to proscicute, said 'no, just prevent in future if you can & continue to inform me when it is tried'', that's the way I am, 'live & let live' is a way of life, with me. 'I' will not say where it, (bot), came from, but am now enjoying full Linux/Debian/Ubuntu support & upgrades every 24 hrs. Can I post 'my' problem now or will that have to wait 4 while?  thanks all for reading/listening & remind all to take precautions, when on the net. Await your comments, as I twiddle my thumbs, but do not expect me to wait too long.  Do have ADHD, as doctors decsribe it & head-aches that so strong, they sometimes make my eyes 'Flow' with water, from the pain.                  t1g :bounce: :flowers:

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

Hello,

I think you got that note about welcome back after you validated because the site recognized you from when you created the account before you validated.

RE: your computer issues.  It appears as though you need to secure your internet connection.  I'd suggest posting in the Networking forum which is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/21/networking/

A word to the wise:  Please break things up into paragraphs for ease of reading.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users