Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My links keep going missing ? ? ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hi -

In the past week (or two) when I copy / paste from my Text Editor, the links can be corrupted to unreadable garbage, or  just not shown on the page. Often I need to Edit a post several times to get the link to show up -

A noted typical case of this is often Screen317 Security Check, which will display as shown below > >

Download Security Check by Screen317 from  and save it to your Desktop  ........ Nothing shows in the HERE link.

When I post it I need to use Preview Post, often twice, to see if anything shows, or edit after posting to have it show up.

Normally the post should show as per below > >

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE and save it to your Desktop.

This post has been checked several times with Preview Post, so if edited it has occurred again -

These links are all now converted to in-house BC links (where available) and have been updated twice.

Are there any other noted cases of this, or is it just on my end ? ?

Extra note - I do often use Safe Mode with Networking as my XP is having a few problems, but the issue still occurs on my Windows7 laptop also -

Thank You -

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

There is a bug in current IPB version.

If your canned says this:

[url=http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/SecurityCheck.exe][b]HERE[/b][/url]

your "HERE" link will disappear.

If you put "[b]" brackets on the outside it'll work fine:

[b][url=http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/SecurityCheck.exe]here[/url][/b]

Alternatively if you put link in quotation marks it'll work as well:

[url="http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/SecurityCheck.exe"][b]HERE[/b][/url]

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 noknojon

noknojon
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thanks Broni -

The faulty posted version of the link was from the same text, and this time I needed to "cancel" the mid part with the link attached.

About 75% of the time there is no problem with the exact posted text, but I used this as an example since it has been one item that has shown up.

Download [b]Security Check by Screen317[/b] from [url=http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/][b]HERE[/b][/url] and save it to your Desktop.

Above is the text I quoted, and it normally works OK - I cancelled my spywareinfoforum.org link at the request of Animal who asked me to use any on-site links to related downloads, since some were a bit outdated or preferred options -

"If you put "[b]" brackets on the outside it'll work fine": - This seems to be the option I must use on this version of IPB - Although as I said, about 75% of the time there is no problem with any canned versions -

I will edit a few and see if this works better - :thumbsup2:

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

thumbsup-thumbs-up-approve-ok-smiley-emo

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users