Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black flashing screen/ Total white screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ahri

Ahri

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Hi, I've been having this problem. When I start my computer, the whole screen is white for awhile, then it turns black. There is no windows startup logo or my computer brand logo. Then my screen starts flashing and the power button on my monitor blinks and the monitor makes TOK sounds every 2 seconds and then the screen flashes and starts doing that over and over until it decides to make the whole screen white and stay like that. Here's what it looks like: http://youtu.be/AFGzTGz2xCg

I tried manually restarting my computer by holding the power button and after a few tries, sometimes, if I'm lucky, it will let me login and then everything is fine.

Today, I went through this process and today I tried turning off the monitor when the screen was white. It restarted and black flashing but made the screen turn white faster. I just kept trying, turning the monitor off and on again because I didn't know what to do. Then I was so lucky, the login page for windows came up and I was able to login; now everything is normal. I can go online and everything without any problems until I shut down my computer and start it up again. Then it's back to square one.

Can anyone help me fix this problem? Should I buy a new monitor? I've had this one for a few years, but my desktop is new; It's one year old in 3 days. (April. 4)

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Ahri, 01 April 2013 - 10:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ahri

Ahri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

bump

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

I think borrowing a monitor for a couple of hours if possible would be enough to say that the monitor is really the problem. By the way, Welcome to Bleepingcomputer Ahri. :)

Tekken

#4 Ahri

Ahri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

thanks you! I don't know where I can get a monitor to borrow!

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

At this point its either testing it to confirm the culprit. It is always one of the primary causes when this happens other than a bad cable, onboard video or video card, PSU.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users