Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sluggish computer w/ a few issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FreddyPancakes

FreddyPancakes

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm running a 7 year old laptop, Dell Inspiron E1505, on Windows 7. I've upgraded my ram from the stock 1GB to 2GB, but aside from that everything else is the same. I don't have anything crazy happening (ie random restarts, programs opening, popups, etc.) but my computer does not seem as snappy as it should be, and I've suspected that something is not right with it.

Programs do not seem to open as quickly as they should, and my computer can get "hung up" from time to time. Actually, right before this post i tried to open 3 additional tabs in Chrome and my computer got hung up for about 20 seconds (mouse would move but I couldn't clock anything). Also, lately I've noticed that my windows are acting strange. Every once in a while the active program/window will go inactive, "flash" inactive then active, or sometimes another window will pop out in front of it.

I've run several virus and malware scans but those haven't shown any infections. One of those was ComboFix... I don't know how to interpret its logfile, so I'm not sure if it fixed anything. I've also run MalwareBytes, MSE scans, then recently switched that off in favor of Avast (and ran some scans using that). I do not want to go to the trouble of a fresh reinstall of Windows so I came here to see if I can get some help. I'd appreciate any help I can get, thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users