Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia GTX 650 and Error 43

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 woundedbear

woundedbear

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Maybe someone can help me.

I bought a PNY GTX 650 and no matter how many times I install the drivers, I keep getting Error 43 and the card does not work.

Things I've tried:

1 - Upgrading power supply. There's no doubt in either wattage or amperage.
2 - Tried various different driver versions.
3 - Uninstalled all drivers, rebooted into safe mode, and used Guru3D Driversweeper before reinstalling.
4 - Updated chipset drivers.
5 - Returned and exchanged the card.

There aren't any known compatibility issues that I've discovered. I cannot even fathom what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: kn8-sli
RAM: 2.5GB
CPU: Athlon X2 4400

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

What  OS?  Which chipset drivers?  What was the previous videocard?

NVidia chipsets.  I gave up on them after Nforce2.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 woundedbear

woundedbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

What  OS?  Which chipset drivers?  What was the previous videocard?

NVidia chipsets.  I gave up on them after Nforce2.

OS is Vista 32-bit.  All service packs and updates installed.  Chipset is nForce 4 and is updated.  The previous videocard was an nVidia Geforce 8000 series.

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hmmmm.

What happens when you swap the old card back in? 

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 woundedbear

woundedbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

The old card works fine.. as does an ancient Radeon 1600 series I have laying around.  They're both detected and function normally.  I've went as far as to trade this card out for another of the same model to make sure it wasn't defective.  No luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users