Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 elazarkrausz

elazarkrausz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

I had about 500 photos that I had stored in a folder that seem to have disappeared. For some reason, there is no way to access them. They do not appear in the folder, and are not accessible by other applications. However, when I copy the folder, or even look at the properties of the folder, all of the photos appear to still be there. Even when I copy the folder, there is no way to access the pictures from the copied folder. How can I get these photos back?

Edited by elazarkrausz, 31 March 2013 - 06:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hi,

The bad news is you may not be able to, but I would suggest using something like Recuva by Piriforrm, you can get it here :-

www.piriform.com/recuva

It works quite well, but only if you havn't overwritten the sectors on the hard drive where the data was stored. I had a similar problem about a year ago with a Nikon camera whose memory writing had gone faulty. I had two batches of about 400 images on two different memory cards and both went unreadable. I was able to recover one batch, but not the other. I ended up scrapping and replacing the camera body - Ouch !

Best of luck,

Chris Cosgrove

#3 elazarkrausz

elazarkrausz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

I found the photos. I had used Google's Picasa to view them, and when I allowed hidden files to be shown, a folder showed up called ".picasaoriginals" (I think it was called "originals" because that's the name of the folder that the photos were in.) Within that folder was another folder, with the same name. There were ten identical folders, each with another folder called ".picasaoriginals" inside it. The 10th folder contained all of the photos I had lost. I have no idea how this happened, but all the photos were there, in their original quality.

Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users