Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Commands For Tabs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hello to all,

My OS is Win7x64 IE9 and was wondering if there is such a program that can be utilized to restore functionality of the

"minimize/maximize" tabs located in the upper right-hand corner next to close tab. Read some tutorials and can find nothing definitive.

Did come across WM_SYSCOMMAND and SC_MINIMIZE and SC_MAXIMIZE.

My minimize tab does not minimize it acts as if I have hit escape. It does this whether connected to internet or not. Maximize tab does

not work properly when connected to internet but will work when not connected. I have tried disabling and enabling add-ons.

I have looked in event viewer for any logs or changes, I have run chkdsk. I have run sfc /scannow. I have re-set Internet Explorer to

default settings. Still no success. Not knowing what other if any steps to take I ran MBAM, SAS and MSE with negative results.

Always come to BC for advice and sure would appreciate your assistance. Thank You...............Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mixpix

mixpix

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Have you tried another browser type or brand? Mozilla?

Maybe you can take the whole program of the browser off & re-install it? It might be the wrong browser for a 64 bit?

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1709
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo i5-4210U CPU  T5750 @ 1.70gHz 2.40 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
system type: 64bit x-64-based processor
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VNZNmcrsHQpEHgN51iurDWj

#3 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 958 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

@mixpix,

Thanks for your suggestions. However I have resolved the issue. There is no problem with IE 9--it's a windows issue. I went to the Event

Viewer to see if there was anything. Then went to ProcMon. I eventually rectified by resetting Windows to default without affecting my

personal settings.

#4 mixpix

mixpix

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Good to know, in case something like that happens to my system.

I just changed over from XP to 7, due to the ability to handle iCloud. I know it was suggested that I could utilize other cloud programs, I already have Mac systems too & was hoping to get them all on the same page, as far as iCloud.

I didn't want a quiver of different applications & programs; that I could have Mac's & PC's sharing the same cloud. I know I could have probably gotten the Macs to move to Drop Box or something, I know the Mac's interface seemlessly with iTunes & the photo streaming.

Perhaps in the future it won't matter, but for now, I want to see my headaches. If I start mixing & matching different applications, I think I'll have a mess.

Glad you got your problem solved. I know I've had similar problems like that & sometimes re-installation solves it. Seems you already went that route, and the problem was the system itself.

Edited by mixpix, 05 April 2013 - 01:34 PM.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1709
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo i5-4210U CPU  T5750 @ 1.70gHz 2.40 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
system type: 64bit x-64-based processor
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VNZNmcrsHQpEHgN51iurDWj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users