Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C:\window\SysWOW64>"C:User Window pops up after restart

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dtyler88

dtyler88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

C:\window\SysWOW64>"C:Users\Tyler\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\b.bat"

This window pops up every time my computer is restarted. I have looked all over the internet trying to figure out why this is? It pulls up a window and asks permission for the registry editor to run. I have no idea what this is and if its a bad thing or not. Can someone with more experience please help me stop this? I don't know if its a bad thing or something to be ignored. I would really appreciate some feed back from you peoples! 

-Thank you

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 01 April 2013 - 11:00 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Download & run Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel (http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml). Uncheck any startup item with which you are not familiar. In particular, look for a b.bat

#3 dtyler88

dtyler88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

as soon as i uncheck the box next to that it duplicates itself with the same thing that says "autoauto" and it wont let me uncheck it

the name is "autoauto"  path is "c.bat"

it is originally one file but when i uncheck the box it duplicates itself and wont let me uncheck the second one :(

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

I suggest you post in the Am I Infected forum - let's see if this is some sort of malware (a quick Google search indicates it may be)

Mod Edit:  Moved to AII - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 01 April 2013 - 11:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users