Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Set default for an Outlook email account in Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SharonF

SharonF

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Ok, I've spent way too much time trying to figure this out on my own.  I need help - and a 12-step program won't cut it.  Here's the story as concisely as I can explain it:

I use Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) for bookkeeping.  I need to be able to email invoices from Sage.  Sage tells me I need a MAPI compatible email program.  So I created an Outlook account cuz Outlook's like the Queen of MAPI stuff.  I have sent about 9000 test emails from the accounting program and not one of 'em has ended up in my Rogers.com email account.  Don't know where the emails went cuz neither Sage nor Rogers is talking.  Can somebody please tell me how the high holy hell I get this accomplished?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

I believe You need to have Outlook installed.

When You say I created an Outlook account do You mean within Outlook or do you mean outlook.com the online email service?

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 SharonF

SharonF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Wow, think you've solved the problem!!  I meant the outlook.com online email service.  So now I'm gonna go install Outlook and see what happens.  Whatever it is, it'll be a surprise to me.  It always is, unfortunately.  Thanks so much!!

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Good Luck With it

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users