Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp freezing with horizontal lines on screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kenholiday

Kenholiday

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Would appreciate any feedback i could get on this. recently computers been freezing with horizontal lines. I thought this was just happening when trying to load an Internet page, but now it seems to be happening regardless of that.

When running in safe mode, there's no crash at all. I've tried running with low pixel / color definition in regular startup... Still crashes.

Tried:
- Cleaned out dust / grime on board etc
- reapplied thermal grease
- updated all drivers
- system restore
- memcheck

It's an ms-7309 mobo, win xp home, 2g ram, plenty of memory, Athlon 64 x2 dualcore processor.

I'm thinking there's an issue with the onboard graphics card... Is that a safe assumption?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

One assumption is as good as another...the trick is to test whatever can be tested and see if it corrects or identifies the problem :).

I would start with uninstalling the current video drivers, via device Manager, then rebooting and reinstalling the video drivers from the motherboard CD.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users