Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Parted Magic to Recover 3TB HD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sceptor

sceptor

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Pretty much everything I have went RAW.  I've tried using testdisk to copy the data to a new 3tb harddrive I have but it wont copy.  I can get into the old 3TB drive and when I do a quick analyze of the drive it does show all the data as there.  My best guess is the partition got ruined.  I can select the data and then copy it to the new drive and it says copying but nothing actually copies.  I am really out of options and guess my only option at this point is to try to write the new partition?  My issue is when I would go through the process it would just skip to the next step saying 'done' but there was no delay and there was no confirmation to actually write the partition.  Can anyone please help me fix this drive?  It has years and years of photos that I desperately don't want to lose.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 inou81

inou81

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Do Not make a new partion.  When you say "you can see the files" can you attach an image of what you are seeing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users