Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Repair Virus HELP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dalni

Dalni

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hello,
I had my PC running and went outside, and when I came back in it had been shut down. After booting it went to the Startup Repair, which i dont know if this is a fake. I cant enter safe mode after pressing F8 while booting, it always ends up going in Startup Repair.

Should I try to let the Startup Repair run and see if it finds something or should I immediately use FRST?
EDIT: OK, I let the Startup Repair run through, it said it fixed all issues (Disk Volume corrupt) and everything should be repaired. After restart--> Startup Repair again...
Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dalni, 31 March 2013 - 09:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 67Nero

67Nero

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Its real. But often it fails to do its job. Im too new at this to help you more. Better to wait for malware response team. But i know this is a hard drive error and should be dealt in the hardware section i think.

Edited by 67Nero, 01 April 2013 - 09:51 AM.

trace.

Signature500x83_zps94555895.png

#3 Jimbob85

Jimbob85

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hi, Dalni.

Did you get into windows after the startup repair ran the last time?  If you cant get into winows please let me know and I will report this topic to someone who works with computers that won't boot.

Do you have your data backed up?

I would agree with 67Nero, your hard drive may be going bad.  in case this is true you should try to mess with your pc as little as possible.  If the drive is bad the more you use it the less likely you will be able to recover your data.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users