Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen at start up, just after logo appears....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PetrMcG

PetrMcG

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

Hello, my windows 7 os laptop is giving me the blue screen and stating it must shut down. it gathers data, shuts down and will continue this loop unless I start in safe mode. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Hello PetrMcG,

1.)  What was new right before the blue screens started (software, hardware, malware, error messages)?

2.)  Via Safe Mode with Networking, please gather any minidump files that may be present:

• Please create a new folder on your Desktop (suggestion: Minidumps)
  • Next, navigate to the the Windows Minidump folder.
    • C:\Windows\Minidump <==  this folder.
  • Note that the first 6 digits of each minidump file indicate the date ( 032913-10935-01.dmp).
  • Highlight the 10 most recent minidump files, then copy and paste them (don't drag) into the Desktop Minidumps folder.
  • Right mouse click on the Minidumps folder, and select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder.
    • A Compressed (zipped) folder will now appear on the Desktop.
  • When you are ready to Reply,  click on Morereply_zpsb89f1d04.jpg.
  • Please attach the Compressed (zipped) folder to your next post by browsing to the location of the zipped Minidump folder.
    BC_attachment_zps6066dcae.jpg
    • Note: The Bleeping Computer Forum has a 512K upload limit on file size.
    • To Manage Your Attachments (free up space), click on your username at top right of forum page | Select My Settings | click Manage Attachments | delete old attachments to make room for newer ones.

Regards,
Brooks

#3 surf

surf

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

I have this same thing going on. Before the blue screen started; I had the redirect virus and malware found 11 trojan files and quarantined them.

#4 surf

surf

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

here are my minidump files zipped and attached. I only have 5 recent ones.

#5 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hello surf,

I have this same thing going on. Before the blue screen started; I had the redirect virus and malware found 11 trojan files and quarantined them.

You should start a new topic in Bleeping Computer's, Am I Infected Forum.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users