Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Interpreting ComboFix Log - Looking For Spy Programs...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 WonderMomma

WonderMomma

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

Hello - let me just thank in advance whomever can/will help me with interpreting the attached ComboFix log run Sunday, March 31, 2013.

IMPORTANT: This might be a little bit different of a situation as to why I ran this scan on my computer.  I just received a new (well very nicely rebuilt) Dell Latitude E6500 laptop for my birthday from my VERY PC/Tech savvy boyfriend.  To make a long story short and to spare you all the gory details... due to a situation in the past where he has used some very nifty pc tools "check in on me" (aka spy and completely unfoundedly I might add) on my old laptop.  Because of this, I asked another very tech savvy friend if he knew of a way I could find out if any keylogging or spying programs have been installed on my lovely new computer, even if they are buried deep and undetectable by the untrained not so malware/spyware savvy eyes of myself.  Without telling me anything else about the program, he recommended I run a ComboFix scan, which would most likely reveal any such software on my new computer.  Without hesitation, I did just that.  I knew ComboFix was a legit yet very serious program through previously using in as directed by an antivirus/malware expert when I was having major Trojan issues on my old laptop.

So... I am looking for any suspicious programs/files/whatever! that may have been put on my laptop, by my boyfriend (lol) that might be designed to literally spy on me.  And NO!  For the record, I have never given him a reason to feel the need to "check up on" me nor am I now or ever have done anything behind his back.  I'm hoping that this will just be a bad case of paranoia on MY PART... and not HIS. 

Again, thank you in advance for your help.  I have attached said log file below as well as general information about my computer.

Many thanks,

Jennifer a.k.a. WonderMomma

Computer Information:

Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, P8600 @2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

4.00 GB RAM installed, 64-bit OS

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Hello WonderMomma,

• Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
  • My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  • Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.

• If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.

• Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
  • In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Follow This Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Follow This Topic. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

• Finally, please reply using the Post  button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.

Because of this, I asked another very tech savvy friend if he knew of a way I could find out if any keylogging or spying programs have been installed on my lovely new computer, even if they are buried deep and undetectable by the untrained not so malware/spyware savvy eyes of myself.  Without telling me anything else about the program, he recommended I run a ComboFix scan, which would most likely reveal any such software on my new computer.

This person could have made your computer a brick.

So... I am looking for any suspicious programs/files/whatever! that may have been put on my laptop, by my boyfriend (lol) that might be designed to literally spy on me.  And NO!  For the record, I have never given him a reason to feel the need to "check up on" me nor am I now or ever have done anything behind his back.  I'm hoping that this will just be a bad case of paranoia on MY PART... and not HIS.

I see no signs of any spying type software on your machine at this time.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 WonderMomma

WonderMomma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

thank you kindly

#4 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users