Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MONITOR: White colors showing for Teal, & Red colors where Black supposed to be

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mashm89

Mashm89

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

I have recently had a change for no apparent reason to the colors on my screen.  There does not seem to be any reason why this happened, not viruses, I didn't drop the computer, all runs normal otherwise.  Except for the colors.  There is this teal, or a light blue, that comes through where white should be.  It is not completely replaced, as for instance, in-between the text here as I type it appears to struggle to fill in the teal color in between the smaller spaces of the text, so it remains white as normal.  There is also red showing where black should be.  This is the most evident when starting the computer before the windows sign on screen comes up,  I believe it typically was a black screen that shows while a windows logo flashes in the front center of screen while turning on.  Now it's almost all red... and just weird.  Hard to explain, it's like it doesn't run fluid... the transition is off.  Obviously because this is not how it's intended to run. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Mashm89

Mashm89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

HP Pavillion dv6 notebook.   I took a screen shot of my screen and sent to my email address and opened on another computer.  It looks normal.  So then I took a picture of how it looks with a camera, showing how it's actually seen.  I could post these two pics to give you an idea but I don't see how to do so.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,997 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

The test with the screenshot narrows down the most likely causes to an internal fault in the LCD panel or a problem with the LVDS cable that connects from the video output (usually on the mainboard) to the panel.

A screenshot is taken from the data held in the frame buffer before it is fed out to the screen. So a normal looking screenshot means the video card is rendering the image correctly and the video memory is holding it correctly. There's a small possibility there could be a fault after that in the circuitry driving the LVDS output - that's rare but feasible if the DV6 is one with the nVidia fault.

Pictures could help us guess more accurately if the camera shot shows a very typical symptom appearance, but it's really going to be necessary to fault-find within the laptop to prove where the problem is.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users