Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer issues.. Workflow suggestions request.. Total Commander?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SuperLost

SuperLost

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hello All!

I'm trying to offload large music folders to an external hard drive, and I have problems with windows explorer (and even total commander) when it gets to certain files, where it basically require a control / alt / delete or hard reboot.

It's driving me a little crazy and making it very hard to get my data organized.

I'm looking for suggestions of apps or techniques that will allow me to transfer large groups of folders (say My Music with multiple subfolders) and not get bogged down by that random corrupt file.

Is there something better than total commander for this? Would Linux help?

I LOVE windows 7, but trying to transfer files is nuts!!    Is there any command line copy techniques that wouldn't freeze up on corrupt files?

I'm sure many of you can relate, so thanks for any suggestions  :D

SL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,549 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

There is no My Music folder in Win 7.

If there were, there would be  little point in transferring the My Music folder itself...but the contents can be easily moved to another drive/partition.

No special tools are needed...just go to Computer/Explorer view and move the files from one partition/drive to the external drive.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users