Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Page (cannot display)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShutThaFrontDoor

ShutThaFrontDoor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

After discovering that my PC got infected with a Virus I ran every removal tools I can find (MalwareBytes, MS Removal, Combofix, SpyBot, TDSSKiller). Made sure my Firewall is up and Windows downloading security updates... unfortunately the updates are failing!

Accessing the Internet, even microsoft.com is FINE... but try to hit windowsupdate.microsoft.com and I get webpage cannot be displayed.

Another thing that I have noticed is that when I try to ping windowsupdate.microsoft.com, it resolves it to IP 153.30.3.119... not Microsoft at all. Other PC's without this problem will resolve to 65.55.185.26. These PCs are using the same DNS servers yet not getting the same results.

I have tried flushing the DNS cache and even trying to enter the correct IP in the host file to no avail. Even tried using Firefox but it still resolves to the wrong IP.

HELP :(

Mod Edit: Moved topic to a more appropriate forum. ~bloopie

Edited by bloopie, 29 March 2013 - 08:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Please download Farbar Service Scanner, save it to your desktop, and run it.

• Make sure the following options are checked:
    • Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center/Action Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
    • Other Services

• Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

#3 ShutThaFrontDoor

ShutThaFrontDoor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Sorry for the late response... I recently downloaded and ran MalwareBytes Anti-rootkit. This software fixed the problem. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users