Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nice discussion site

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mangosteen

mangosteen

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:31 AM

Hello all,
I am new here. I notice the people taking part in the discussion here are nice and polite. So are the people extending their help and guidances.

Both sides are simply NICE.

I have bad experiences with certain newsgroups. You can get bombarded by just asking honest questions.

Maybe I haven't been to all discussion rooms yet but right now I am enjoying my stay here.

Thanks to the people at the bleepingcomputer.
Thank you very much.
Let's stay happy and healthy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:26 AM

I think you will find this board to be full of nice people, who value politeness and courtesy, even in non-computer threads. I have yet to see anything like a flame at BC.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:27 AM

:inlove: mangosteen and a big Bleeping Computer :trumpet: 2 u! :cool:

Yes this is a friendly and helpful board. I searched around a little before I settled in here. One of the best decisions I have ever made. I have learned so very much! We also have a lot of fun! :thumbsup: I really think you will enjoy your stay. :flowers:

Edited by scarlett, 16 November 2004 - 09:28 AM.

Posted Image

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:21 AM

Welcome to BC!
We aint the type to jump down your throat! We will treat you very nice here and any help you need we will try to answer!

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:36 AM

Yes one thing that is not tolerated here is making you feel like you did something wrong for asking a question. There are no wrong questions here and we do not tell you to go RTFM unless the manual tells it better than we can.

#6 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:46 PM

I can attest to different sites that I have been a member to. This one is the perfect example of The People that makes it successful. Without all of the members, this site would not be as good. The group of people here are very patient and talented in different fields. I am sure even some that have not been discussed here.

Welcome mangosteen
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#7 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:00 PM

:flowers:

I have bad experiences with certain newsgroups. You can get bombarded by just asking honest questions.

mandosteen, I too have had similar experiences, at forums, at newsgroups and Chat rooms. My reaction generally has been "hey, you...not everyone has a strong IT Professional background, but that doesn't mean they can't start now & move on." :trumpet:

I've focused on this site ever since, and make it a point to:
  • Find other good sites & bookmark 'em. Edit out those that I find "marginally helpful".
  • Keep in mind that different levels of computer-use is a reality.
  • Practice the Golden Rule.
  • Spend long hours here learning what I can & passin' it on when I can.
  • Hope you, and others in the same boat, will do the same now that you've joined.
:thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#8 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2004 - 10:14 PM

I have had problems with staff and members on other boards (won't mention names).So i settled in here and frankly this is the greatest bunch of people ever.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#9 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 19 November 2004 - 12:34 PM

DITTO--for sure. Some computer help boards seem to be full of "know-it-alls" that immediately start throwing out to you useless geek words (architecture{my favorite}). They are more interested in pontificating and blowing there own horns. It is an established fact that I, myself actually invented the internet and the PC (in my spare time) so I don't need to do any of that stuff!! :trumpet: :thumbsup: :inlove: :flowers:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users