Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wangdyp

wangdyp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hello every one out there. i am new to this forum. So this is my first question.            I'm new to windows 7, recently bought a desktop, and I have a question about it regarding my network connections. When I open Control Panel / Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center, three icons under the “currently connected to” section. One is my broadband connection with bench icon and below it says Internet Access. Second one is my wireless network connection (wyp 2) with house icon and below it says No internet access. Third one is another bench icon with name wyp and below it says No internet access. I don’t know from where the third icon connection came from. How do I delete it? Though my wireless network says connected, I don’t have any internet connections. I have tried to run diagnostic and its DNS server isn’t responding. Therefore I’m using broadband connection instead. Please help to set up wireless connection.

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hi wangdyp :)

Most desktops do not have internal or USB wireless adapter but it is an option to add to acquire wireless connections on home networks. I presume you are viewing this network connections or is the same by looking on your system tray network icon and clicking it?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users