Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security For G-routers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bajrangi

bajrangi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:46 PM

I have broadband through cable modem in my desktop....... now i purchased a laptop and belkin g router (f5d7230-4) and connected the desktop through the router to access the internet on desktop and laptop.......... but unfortunately i donn't know how to have a secure wireless internet connection for my laptop so that no one else can access it and affect the speed....... I will really appreciate if anyone can help me in this and explain me how to secure it as i am not that good in doing these things.....

!!!!!!! thanx !!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:17 PM

Ok the most basic thing to do is going to be to set up the WEP. Chances are that there will be instructions in your manual that came with your router on setting this up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users