Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just need to know if I'm infected.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

Hello guys I'm new to the forum,

I recently had a virus on my laptop that i'm assuming came through via Java.

It tried restarting my Laptop a few times but failed as a program would always stop it, it then popped up in some sort of chat and was communicating with me, it said something like

"Hello Craig, you've been a naughty boy, I've been taking a lot of picture of you on your webcam, is the light to bright?" (craigs my name by the way)

This proceeded the light on my webcam to turn on and the chat to close, although, the chat lasted around 15 seconds not giving me any time to reply (so i cannot tell if it was a real chat or if it was just a process run by a virus).

I ran a few scans at different times including AVG, Kaspersky's, TDSs killer and Comodo. They all found something and all removed it, I rebooted the PC and the problem was gone (from my view). As I keep frequent back ups of my PC on portable HD's i decided to re-install windows and completely format my hard drive, I did this and when it came on the first thing I did was scan my PC with Malwarebytes and this found nothing.

This was about 2 weeks ago, and I'm not sure If i'm just paranoid or if something is still on my PC.

Could someone help?

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hello, I recommend covering your webcam until this is removed.

We should get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users