Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Home Videos

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

I have alot of home videos on my computer in MPEG format and I would like to burn them to DVD (not cd cause I have alot of home video) and can't figure how to burn them so that they work in a DVD player. I would like to design a menu and stuff too... nothing too complicated but something to select different clips.

I don't really want to spend alot of money on this but if I could have a free way of going and a little more expensive option that would be great.

Thanks all in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:54 AM

What do you currently have for burning software? Most softwares will let you select an option for "burn to play in any dvd player" or something to that effect. If you just used that option to burn them to a dvd, then all you should have to do is to put the burned dvd into any player and it should auto play. For each seperate video that you put on the dvd, you should be able to "skip scene" to the next movie inline.

As for making menus and what not, I'm not to sure about that one. You might have to find some software that will seperate each home movie for you and allow you to choose which one to play from a main menu. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful with the menu part :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:23 AM

I got Nero for burning software...

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:00 PM

Is it the full version (that you have to buy) or is the free version that comes with certain burners or that you can download?

I have NERO at home (the full version) and can check to see if it has a menu builder of some sort for making movie menu's. It won't be until 5:30 pm EST at the earliest though.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:42 PM

"NeroVision" is the Nero app you'ld be looking for on your system klinkaroo. :thumbsup:

#6 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:11 PM

No it's the Nero that came with my burner or motherboard can't really remember... but I never bought it.

Thanks HitSquad I am going to look in to buy that...

Guess I am going to have to buy the full version of nero... but hey I heard so much about it and I think it's worth the money.

I have looking at it and I can't figure out the difference between Nero 6 Ultra Edition and Nero 7 Premium. They are both the same price (89.99$CAD).

Edited by Klinkaroo, 06 April 2006 - 04:22 PM.

#7 HitSquad

HitSquad

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:35 PM

Nero 7 "Premium" is, for lack of a better description, more multimedia geared.
A little more info here
The original release of Nero 7 "Ultra" was buggy as all get out, though I understand most of the problems have been addressed through multiple updates downloadable from Nero's website.
I'm still using Nero Ultra 6.6.0.13 but I have Nero Ultra 7.0.8.2 sitting here ready to go when I'm in the market for a Lightscribe drive. My old Liteon dvd burner just won't die. It's been such a reliable workhorse that I don't have the heart to set it out to pasture :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 06 April 2006 - 04:42 PM.

#8 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:14 PM

That lightscibe what is it exacly cause my drive has that... and when you say more multimedia geared what do you mean by that?

Edited by Klinkaroo, 06 April 2006 - 05:14 PM.

#9 HitSquad

HitSquad

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:11 AM

That lightscibe what is it exacly cause my drive has that

Allows you to burn silkscreen style images (pictures) and text to the top of a disc as apposed to using printed labels.
Makes them look like the store bought ones. Of course you need lightscribe discs too.

when you say more multimedia geared what do you mean by that?

In short, more audio\video recording and editing functions.
Dont want to sound like a Nero salesman or anything so here's the list of updates and features for Nero 7.
One thing you'll notice in the list is the addition of Nero "scout".
It's a multimedia file indexer that runs in the background and chews up resources.
Everyone is disabling it. I will be too.

Edited by HitSquad, 07 April 2006 - 07:24 AM.

#10 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:19 AM

Ok and that lightscribe does it make nice pictures...

and I am guessing that they aren't in color...

#11 HitSquad

HitSquad

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:43 AM

The images look very professional if you have an eye for background\foreground mixing but yes, they will be in grayscale. Lightscribe discs come in a variety of colors and patterns so it's not like the whole thing will be black and white.
Red, blue, orange, green, yellow and gold are the most common colors I've seen.

Edited by HitSquad, 07 April 2006 - 07:56 AM.

#12 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:59 PM

Ok thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users