Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Desktop Wireless adapter not finding any networks at all

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shblack2895

shblack2895

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

I need help badly! I have a Netgear N900 Wireless Router and laptops we use which work fine on the existing network we have but I have a desktop computer that needed to be connected to the network so I bought a Netgear A6200 WIFI Adapter and it doesn't find any networks at all. I have installed all the software and attempted to use the network settings to connect to it directly to no avail. It appears to be working and says it is scanning but finding nothing.  I also attempted to use the WPS method to connect to the network but that didn't find it either. I am running Windows XP on the computer and the computer is old but could there be a setting preventing the adapter from finding any networks at all? Nothing is working!!! I had an Airlink adapter I was using but it kept trying to uninstall itself every time the computer was turned off so I thought the new adapter would work better. Apparently NOT!! FRUSTRATED!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Are you using Windows or the 'Smart Wizard Genie"? See this article for possible solutions. 

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 shblack2895

shblack2895
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

I am using the smart wizard genie..I went to the website and read the article above and all I could about the adapter. I downloaded the newest version as stated in the article but it did nothing to help. Still doesn't find any networks at all.

Edited by shblack2895, 28 March 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#4 shblack2895

shblack2895
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

I downloaded the newest version of the drivers as suggested in the article and followed the directious as suggested but nothing helps!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users