Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes free

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

I am losing faith in the free version!  When I got my new laptop Mbytes and Super Antispyware Along with MSI were my first down loads.  After several scans by both Mbytes and SA Mbytes always missed a few, I deleted it and have done without until today.  I just down loaded a freah copy and ran a scan, again it missed several items that the follow up scan with SA picked up.  To me it seems to have lost its edge, is the paid version any better?

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandaros

Pandaros

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

I'm thinking that both versions use the same updates. For a scan, they probably act the same. You get more features with the full version and it stands guard against incomming.

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

From what I've seen in the past, there is no product that catches everything.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

I've had my MalwareBytes Pro version for over three years and scan about every 3 or 4 weeks. It's caught 2 things so far. I monthly scan with SuperAntiSpyware 4 things ion that time frame. ESET weekly and I lost track at 40 plus items going back 18 months.

I would say that with this job at Bleeping Computer my surfing habits are not always the safest. Due to the the need of having an investigative nature of double checking links and suspicious websites.

I have a multiti-layered security system and my computer sits behind a router and software firewall as well.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users