Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changed my laptop screen and nothing...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 donniemateno

donniemateno

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

the other day my missus dropped my laptop

this cracked the screen but it would still light up and show cracks

i have since bought a replacement off ebay from a power seller with good feedback. installed it and nothing. i tried the old screen and nothing. it works perfectly with a external device ( my laptop its connected through vga now)

i dont understand whats wrong. I have taken apart and put back together 3/4 times. After a small bit of research I have seen when a dell screen goes a motherboard might need to be replaced. i hope this isnt the case.

I have also read it might be switch off in the bios settings as when i go to detect screens ( on windows 7) it has a 1!2 COME UP BUT IF I TRY AND DUPLICATE THE DISPLAY NOTHING HAPPENS TO THE SCREEN IN FRONT OF ME.

THE LAPTOP WORKS FINE NO BEEPS or anything

any help would be great as im having to type my final year dissertation on my laptop on a tv screen which is giving me a major neck ache!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users