Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchpad problem windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dark19

Dark19

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hi all,

Sorry if i made this topic in the wrong section but i dont know where to post it excactly.So please any admin feel free to move it to the right section.

So i have a problem with my touchpad....2 days ago it suddenly stop working.I use a usb mouse at the same time so i can still operate on my computer.I tried everything that came up in my mind....deactive and activate it/use the Fn+F9 command/check for new updates/unistall and reinstall drivers/unistall drivers and let the laptop open without having my usb mouse on,it did the reinstall automatic at the start up(heard about a glitch that sometimes occur when i use for a long time a usb mouse at the port)/i even did go back to a restore point that i knew my touch pad was working.Oh and at the device manager it says that my device works properly.

My laptop is a Toshiba satellite c855-19z i5-3210M

I use windows 7 x64bit and i have 4gb ram.

Feel free to ask for any additional information you need.

Thanks in advance for your help

Ps.Sorry for any mistakes i made in english.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

I would uninstall the touchpad drivers (via Device Manager)...then reboot and allow them to reinstall anew.

Louis

#3 Dark19

Dark19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Well i dont know how but after several restarts and unistalling some windows updates it start working again.I install one by one now the windows udpates and keep rebooting to see which update was my problem.I will update as soon as i find out.

@Hamluis 

I did that already as i said at start but didnt work

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

:thumbup2: .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users