Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox crashing all over again-like never before

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 europanorama

europanorama

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

Firefox was starting crashing all the times, not always but like never before. It is now removed but i have found this with superantispyware and process-explorer

1. iconforamazon.exe in virustotal the same threat was found under a different name.

I have already removed it. do not know the date.

2. pesfdisk.exe

still on the drive, date known.

PESFDISK IM PROCESSEXPLORER PID 2416

WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PESFDISK.EXE   11.3.2013 ANWENDUNG
WINDOWS\pchealth\ERRORREP\UserDumps\pesfdisk.exe...... 17.3.2013 HDMP-DATEI 17.03.2013
HJTHIS found this:
Plug Icedragon Scheduler2

check virustotal and my comment.

I have a clean systempartition-backup but before saving back i would like to know if Firefox will not crash again after threat-removal and new installation.

run kaspersky, housecall, eset, malwarebytes and superantispyware(i love the latter, has never let me down).

what is this?

WINDOWS\pchealth\ERRORREP\UserDumps\pesfdisk.exe...... 17.3.2013 HDMP-DATEI 17.03.2013

didnt recognize this process. 6 days after installation.

will try to find out what i downloaded or installed on march 11?

Thanks for any hint.

I already executed some of the instructions on an older drive.

-

Edited by Orange Blossom, 28 March 2013 - 10:53 PM.
Moved to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 europanorama

europanorama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

Winxp-Firefox 19.02

Removed with special uninstaller.

I had a second installation FF 19 installed in restricted account. will be installed in a different directory than in programs.

#3 europanorama

europanorama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Will save back a systemparition-copy to end this drama.

#4 europanorama

europanorama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

I have found the threat. My system is seriously damaged by backdoors or one backdoor. as others at a firefox and trojan-forum already have said. but since they closed my thread i will not inform there about what i did but here:

It was hijackthis-forum which helped my found what i wanted to know. this is the forum i know and used for some years.

http://www.hijackthis-forum.de/tipps-tricks/2912-anleitung-zur-bereinigung-von-malware.html

some of the standard-programs like malwarebytes or superantispyware found and deleted some stuff but the very first program listed in the hijackthis-instructions-STINGER finally convinced me to format my systempartition. fortunately i have a backup i made 4 days before the firefox-crashes began.

the backdoors are SUPERHIDDEN in Chrome! quarantined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users