Your HijackThis is still in a .zip file. Having HJT zipped, it can't create backups, so we must delete this .zip file and re-install HJT again. To do that, please follow the instructions below:
- Please delete your old copy of HijackThis.
- Download HijackThis (self-extracting) to your Desktop.
- Double-click the file, then click the Unzip button.
- Close the window afterwards.
Your HijackThis is now in a permanent folder, and can save backups safely. Please remember that it is now saved in C:\Program Files\HijackThis\ ===================================================
- Save it to your desktop.
- Extract the file to its own folder.
Download Ewido Anti-Malware
===================================================Boot into Safe Mode
- Install Ewido.
- When installing, under Additional Options, uncheck:
- Install background guard
- Install scan via context menu
- Launch Ewido.
- The program will now open the main screen.
- You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
- Then click on the Start Update button.
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
- After it has finished, close Ewido, we will use it later.
- If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido » Ewido manual updates.
. Please restart your computer and as soon as it starts to boot, tap F8 repeatedly. A menu should appear, select Safe Mode
from the menu and then hit Enter
on your keyboard. (this will take a while, so don't worry, just wait)===================================================Run smitRem
Open the smitRem
folder, then double click the RunThis.bat
file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.
The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt
in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.===================================================Run Ewido
Restart your computer===================================================
- Open Ewido.
- Click on scanner at the left side, then click on Complete System Scan.
- Please don't use the computer while scanning
- Sometimes Ewido reports legit files as malware, so you need to Remove these one-by-one, if you see a legit file being reported, just select None.
- Once the scan has completed, click the button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report.
- Save the report as .txt file to your Desktop.
- Close Ewido.
In your next reply, please include these log(s):
- HijackThis (new)
Please also provide details of any problems you encountered while performing the above steps and update us on how the computer behaves now.