Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Preparing Automatic Repair loop

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LeonardGent

LeonardGent

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hi Forum,

Ive got some troubles with my PC. When i boot my windows 8 Asus K55VD, it start with preparing automatic repair, followed by an ampty screen. Then after 15 minutes or so, it either restarts itself without giving any information, or it flashes a BSOD screen real short. It goes by too fast too read carefully, but i think it gives a c000021a error.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Leonard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

I don't have Windows 8 but I would consider disabling automatic restart to get the full text of the error mesage and then post it

http://www.troubleshootwindows.com/windows-8/how-to-disable-automatic-system-restart-on-system-failure-in-windows-8-7-vista-xp/

#3 FRiNKEL

FRiNKEL

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hmm...

I looked up that STOP code, I found this on Microsoft's Answers community.

STOP: 0xC000021A

Cause

This error occurs when a user-mode subsystem, such as WinLogon or the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem (CSRSS), has been fatally compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. In response, the operating system switches to kernel mode. Microsoft Windows cannot run without WinLogon or CSRSS. Therefore, this is one of the few cases where the failure of a user-mode service can shut down the system.

Mismatched system files can also cause this error. This can occur if you have restored your hard disk from a backup. Some backup programs might skip restoring system files that they determine are in use.

Resolving the Problem

Running the kernel debugger is not useful in this situation because the actual error occurred in a user-mode process.

Resolving an error in a user-mode device driver, system service, or third-party application:Because bug check 0xC000021A occurs in a user-mode process, the most common culprits are third-party applications. If the error occurred after the installation of a new or updated device driver, system service, or third-party application, the new software should be removed or disabled. Contact the manufacturer of the software about a possible update.

If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting WindowsAdvanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time. If this does not resolve the error, try manually removing the offending software. If the system partition is formatted with file allocation table (FAT), use an MS-DOS startup disk to gain access to the computer's hard disk. If the system partition is formatted with NTFS file system, you might be able to use Safe Mode to rename or delete the faulty software. If the faulty software is used as part of the system startup process in Safe Mode, you need to start the computer using the Recovery Console in order to access the file. If a newly installed piece if hardware is suspected, remove it to see if this resolves the issue.

Try running the Emergency Recovery Disk (ERD) and allow the system to repair any errors that it detects.

Resolving a mismatched system file problem: If you have recently restored your hard disk from a backup, check if there is an updated version of the Backup/Restore program available from the manufacturer. Make sure the latest Windows Service Pack is installed.

It was for a Windows 7 OS, but I'm assuming the codes might remain the same?

"I've done so much with so little for so long, they now expect me to do the impossible with nothing." - Source unknown to me

#4 registral

registral

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Full description of repair Windows 8 system (6 descriptions of repair)...

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,616 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

If you don't have a system repair disc or the system disc itself, contact ASUS and find out how to get what you need

--- See if they have an on-line method to order what you need since it will be cheaper than if you go through sales

--- Do you have a warranty that will cover fixing your computer?

------ If so I would go that route and at the same time have a repair disc created

You can also refer to Windows 8 pro BSOD 0xc000021a error if you want to get into the technicalities involved in trying to fix it yourself but it appears to me you still need a system repair disc

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/windows-8-pro-bsod-0xc000021a-error/121a0f79-63f0-477e-8f1a-1d71acc9706c

Since the system takes about 15 minutes before restarting it might be possible to get into Safe Mode and try Last Known Configuration

--- I'm don't have Windows 8 but check this out just in case it's possible to find out whether or not you can get into Safe Mode

How to enable the F8 key to start Safe Mode in Windows 8

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/enable-the-f8-key-in-windows-8/

#6 Kelz Clive

Kelz Clive

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:43 PM

I just had a customer bring me a Toshiba laptop with the same issue. Auto repairs didn't work, SFC and CHKDSK also failed. As soon as I put the drive into my dock it just sounded horrible. Turns out the hard drive was shot and only at 8% health. HDD replacement was my answer.

#7 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:53 PM

Do you realize you dug up a 2-year old thread?

#8 Kelz Clive

Kelz Clive

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:01 PM

Do you realize you dug up a 2-year old thread?

Yes but the info is for someone that googles the stop code and brings them here. Just as I did :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users