Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just recycling an olí HP LaserJet 1200 series PCL

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hikermann

Hikermann

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

Windows XP Home; my long-hardworking HP Deskjet died, so I went by the computer recycle shop and picked up an "interim" monochrome so I can at least get basic docs happening; the shop lists it as "tested / works"; came home, plugged it in (USB), turned it on, went to Printers & Faxes, Add New Printer, and the icon is there with a little checkmark and "ready"; went through the WinXP driver update; but when I send a doc to print, the unit just sits there on my desk looking at me with a blank look ... (or maybe it's the other way 'round ...); went to HP, put in the model ## (C7044A) and came up with some drivers to download; tried that, but they only unzip and have about 15 docs, none of which is an .exe file, so don't know what the purpose of that download is.

Any ideas about how I can get this to print?

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

if the files are. ini files they are the drivers. Go into printers and faxes and right click your printer. Select properties and the driver tab, click update driver and choose have disk. Point windows to the folder you unzipped the file to.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users