Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Boot Win 7 Home 64 bit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 talbotj

talbotj

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Hello,

I have a problem with my laptop. It usually stays on.  Tonight when I lifted the screen to do some work I saw a windows message that said something like "Windows has detected a harddisk problem"  Your disk may be close to failing.  Please back up your disk.  Something like that.  When I rebooted, windows would start then go to startup repair.  In startup repair it tells me " A hard disk problem is preventing Windows from Starting. Startup repair says it cannot repair this computer automatically.  The problem details are:

Problem Event Name: StarupRepariOffline

Problem signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 03: unknown

Problem Signature 04: 37  (this changes with each reboot)

Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover

Problem Signature 06: 1

Problem Signature 07: BadDisk

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Privacy Statement stuff

Any help would be appreciated

JT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

You can download and run the diagnostic utility from your hd manufacturer, but in the end I think the error message you are getting is pretty self explanatory. It sounds as though your hd is shot.

#3 talbotj

talbotj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

K, thanks.  However, when the message first showed up while the computer was running, I could access all windows programs without issue and write/read from the drive.

In command prompt, I can see all the data on the drive and chkdisk shows the drive contents are in good shape.  The problem reared its ugly head when I tried to reboot.  From what I've read on the forum, this issue possibly could be related to an infection or HIVE issue.  

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

As I said, you can download and run the diagnostic from the hd manufacturer. If that doesn't show any problems you can run full scans with both your installed anti virus app as well as MalwareBytes.

#5 talbotj

talbotj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Thanks, I'll first give that a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users