Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove PC Optimizer and toolbar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

I downloaded something and I wanted it so bad until i discovered it only views word documents.  I don't own Microsoft Word or any kind of word processor except notepad. I used to own it, but deleted it thinking I wouldn't use it. Now I regret it.  I lost my microsoft cd so i cannot reinstall it.

I need to remove this thing called PC Optimizer that the software download came with and the toolbar.  I'm not sure what klind of toolbar it is using, but it keeps claiming that it's bing. When I go to add and remove programs, the 'bing toolbar' is not listed.  It doesn't even look like the bing toolbar.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

btw the browser i am using is firefox. I don't use internet explorer, but I have someone who uses internet explorer on my laptop.

#3 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

I found the name of the toolbar. I dragged down a menu and actually shows the name. Its called Sweetpacks, but it shows two icons, the sweetpacks and bing.  I found that kind of strange.

Edited by Mooglebooboo, 26 March 2013 - 11:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users