Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have arrived

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bkrsrb

bkrsrb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:34 AM

I just signed on to this site, and have been impressed with the very helpful nature of it's users. There are so many boards now that it is hard to find the good ones. I saw this name "Bleeping Computer" while reading Fred Langa's Lanagalist. If you have not seen this news letter I suggest you go there right away to sign up. I have been a member of Fred's newsletter for years, and find it the best of it's kind. Lockergnome is OK, and I read it daily, but for the, right to the point, and in depth computer user information this man has it all.
I hope to stop by from time to time, and see what's happening. I have been using computers since the late 70's , and have gotten some very useful computer learning under my belt. If I can help out at all I will be happy as hell to do so. I tend to be a bit lengthy in my replies, but I find it better to give too much than not enough help. If it seems like overkill just tell me, and I will go away, and never speak to you again........ Just kidding. I can take most anything dished out.
Look forward to reading more posts, and hope to be as much a help as needed, and hope for the same when I melt down. By the way, that seems to be most of the time. I try a lot of software to see what I like, and beta test from time to time. The end result is a few of the strangest errors, and damages to the system I have been the recipient of for my efforts than seems fair, but I seem to learn best when all seems lost. I am doing that right now. I got the dreaded BSOD with the less than helpful, "Page_Fault_in_non paged_area" Now this is a cruel one that after many hours of searching I have gotten to the point of using my backup drive so I can fix what an uninstall did to my computer. Just a hint, watch out for those Macromedia games using flash, and more megabytes than seem needed. Unloaded 52 mbs, get a BSOD> Seems fair, not!
Well, I arrived. I came, I posted. Now on into the night.
Stan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:02 AM

:thumbsup: to BC Stan

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 16 November 2004 - 11:20 AM

Welcome to BC. I was on the lanlist but opted out. I cant read everything. I get about 30-40 emails a day. I might opt back in again because I have heard much about it.

Hope to see you around!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users