Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video and Pictures in Internet Explorer 10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wayne33

wayne33

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

I have a new computer that came with Windows 8 and pre loaded Internet Explorer 10. It is slow and will not load Videos or Pictures most of the time. I have contacted windows and Internet explorer help but no matter what I try nothing works. Both Windows and Internet Explorer come out with new stuff and it never works and THEY can't fix it. Help me please. P.S. I have checked my security and it is set to accept Video and Pic's. I have also removed Norton from the computer it came as a free trial with computer, I used revo uninstaller to remove it with.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Have you tried using Internet Explorer on the Desktop side.  Hit the Microsoft Key and the D key.  That should take you to the desktop side.  Now go to Internet Explorer and see if you have any success in playing video on the internet.  I have had no problems with my upgrade with Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Home Premium. 

I do know that I have had problems using IE 10 on the tiles side.  Let me know if this helps.

JazzMahn

#3 wayne33

wayne33
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

wayne33 Tried the answer above and still no go, but thanks anyway and I'll keep trying

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

A bit late to respond, You can change the browser mode in IE10 by using the Developer Console (F12). Press F12 and locate "Browser Mode" at the top Right of developer Window, Change the browser mode to IE8. Press F12 to close the window. Alternatively you can Use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. 

Edited by Sneakycyber, 08 April 2013 - 05:42 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 PS4AndroidHacker

PS4AndroidHacker

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Another possible variation you may want to try is the 64 bit variant of Mozilla Firefox called Waterfox. I use it on my 64 bit Windows 8 and Windows 7 and it always works great for me. Also try to make sure you have all the Java and adobe programs installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users