Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocking Out Installing Programs Games Ect. And Changing The Background.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 willmon18

willmon18

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:36 PM

These computers up at school keep getting things installed everywhere as well as the background being changed by the kids. I am wanting to have this blocked out. I can not get a new user added as limited because the computers are on a network and it will only log on to the default account administrator. I have used gpedit.msc but someone figured out how to get around that as well, or they may have figured out the commands. Maybe if the gpedit could be locked with a password perhaps. Or some type of editing in novel client. If this topic is in the wrong place I would appreciate it to be moved to the right place.
William Montgomery Walters

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:04 PM

Look into the software DEEP FREEZE. With Deep Freeze installed, anytime you reboot the computer it will startup exactly the same way, no matter what the little brats... er, little angels do to make changes to the computer. This is often used at schools, libraries, coffee shops. Pretty much anywhere the public uses computers.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 willmon18

willmon18
  • Topic Starter

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:45 PM

Ok this software sounds good. What version do you suggest for the school to use. And what the price is. I hear from one of my yahoo friends that they have this up at school and it freezes the computer from getting things changed. I would really love this if it does what it says it does and more. It would save me the time and trouble of getting them all fixed and stuff.
William Montgomery Walters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users