Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade Dell Inspiron e1505

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

I just want to play those free online games.  Not the pc games that requires the latest graphics card like Starcraft II.  I need a processor upgrade and graphics card upgrade. I'm trying not to go for something expensive.  Here's my computer:

Operating System: WIndows XP Home Edition

System Manufacturer: Dell

System Model: MM061

BIOS: Phoenix ROM Bios Plus Version 1.10 A17

Processor: Genuine Intel ® CPU T2060 @1.60GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1014 MB RAM

Page File: 721MB used; 2196MB available

Do I already have 2gb ram.  If not does my laptop accept X2 1gb laptop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

HI

Unfortunately this is a Laptop. That means very limited Processor upgradability and no upgrade for the Video.

There is no video card, the video is built in.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Mooglebooboo

Mooglebooboo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

ok

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Why not try playing the selected online games to see if it maxes out in game performance? Although its a mid-range laptop with limited capabilities, you would discover what games it can run flawlessly that suits your current hardware specs..

Tekken

#5 velojym

velojym

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

There are a good deal of processor options for you, and I've seen these Dells with the T7200 core2duo lots of times. While your 2G of ram is what's listed as the max, the board may be able to handle up to 4, especially with the 64 bit cpu and OS. While most consumer grade notebooks are limited to integrated graphics, my e1505 has a discreet x1400 radeon. I just pulled this computer out of the basement, gonna upgrade it and maybe use it at work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users