Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, Back Again with New ID

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ldpetry

ldpetry

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hi,

My name is Darlene.  I've used Bleeping Computer when I had problems before and they where a great help and got my laptop back up and running without a reinstall.  Now I'm back again with another laptop that's giving me pain.  Can't wait to get to posting and get my problems fixed.  Hope wherever you are you aren't snowed in like myself and are safe.

Edited by ldpetry, 25 March 2013 - 02:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,942 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

What was your previous ID?

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 ldpetry

ldpetry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hi Orange Blossom,

My previous ID was ardpetry.  My IPS changed my email addy when I upgraded.  It use to be in my husband's name, but since I was the one doing the upgrading they put everything in my name.  I was really upset that they changed my email, we've had it for at least 10 years.

ldpetry

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,942 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Thanks for the info.

Edited to add: Hmm.  I cannot find that name in the member list.  In fact, the only other display name I find that has petry in it is daianapetry who has no posts and hasn't been on since he/she joined.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 31 March 2013 - 07:32 PM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 ldpetry

ldpetry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

That's strange.  I came here when my Dell laptop was infected.  It was in 2012.  I'm sure I used ardpetry as my user ID, I use it all the time.  My email at the time was [removed for safety sake, even though it's not a current e-mail, just in case ~ OB]

ldpetry

Edited by Orange Blossom, 31 March 2013 - 05:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users