Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Solo 110 Laptop

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brz-rider

Brz-rider

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:48 AM

I have a Gateway solo 1100 laptop i got in 2000 i need to replace the keyboard running in to problems getting the case aparti`ve removed all screws i can see but something is holding one part of the case can anyone give me an idea whats holding it or do i have to take it to a shop and spend more money thn i want to?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 josh7985

josh7985

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 11:30 AM

hey i have a question about ram do you much about that

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:19 PM

I am pretty sure that there are a few tabs under holding the laptop. After you take the screws out use a flat head screwdriver or something to pry the keyboard up.

BTW Here is a video from CNET for boosting up a laptop. If you go to the change a CPU at the begining of the video he explaines how to remove the laptop.
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11381_7-5506183-5.html?tag=nav

*Edit* BTW the screws underneath for the keyboard should be labelled "K" for keyboard and also this is working with an Asus laptop.

Edited by Klinkaroo, 06 April 2006 - 08:55 PM.

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

I don't know if this will help with yours because I've worked on Gateway laptops, but maybe not that model. Can you pry off the fascia above the keyboard? There should be screws beneath that which hold the keyboard in place. Or maybe you've already got that far and I'm overstating the obvious. I usually start at the bottom right side of the fascia and pry gently, then move toward the middle and left side.

#5 Brz-rider

Brz-rider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:41 AM

herk i was trying to take the whole thing aprt your way was alot easier i didn`t know that part came off thanks

#6 Brz-rider

Brz-rider
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:47 AM

josh here`s a link they will tell you what kind and how much you can add http://www.crucial.com/ hope this helps

#7 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:48 AM

i was trying to take the whole thing aprt your way was alot easier i didn`t know that part came off thanks

My pleasure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users