Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, My computer Restarts automatically, Please tell me the possible reasons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PamelaScout

PamelaScout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Hello guys my computer automatically restarts, it happens 4-5 times in a minute.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Hi Pamela and Welcome to BC community.

Please post more information regarding the computer model/brand and operating system next time. Is it a laptop or desktop? Try disabling the automatic restart on system failure in Advance Boot Menu by reading here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ss/disable-auto-restart-windows-7.htm The Bluescreen will show you the error message and codes, please post the exact message next time.

Tekken

#3 Uncle Rim

Uncle Rim

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

Hi Pamela, it's nice to have someone from India concede that I might know more about computers than they do.

While there are many possible causes for this type of behavior, the number one culprit is overheating. You will need to look at the CPU fan and heatsink. Perhaps the fan is not turning or the CPU is clogged with dust.

Hi Jhayz, you posted while I was typing. It doesn't sound like the computer gets far enough to BSOD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users