Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popping and Crackling while watching movies or playing games

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fhoosa

Fhoosa

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

:hello: Hi... 

I'm having a real issue with my WMP and VLC...

While watching movies, I am getting popping and crackling noises and at the same time, the video will stutter.  This just started happening around 2 weeks ago.  Today, when I tried to play a Hidden Object game, it was doing the same thing.  I have tried updating the drivers for audio, DirX and RealTek.  I have removed and reinstalled both Realtek HD Audio Manager and VLC.  I've also tried adjusting the settings on both the WMP and VLC.  Today I ended up doing a System Restore because I feared that maybe I had changed something I shouldn't have and whatever I was doing seemed to make my problem worse.

I'm at my wits end and extremely frustrated.  I'm hoping someone here in Bleeping Computer Land can help me with this.  

Thank you. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Williamsmith

Williamsmith

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

Try to update your Chipset drivers & your Vga Graphics Drivers. You may also want to update your bios to see if this helps. Post back with any updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users