Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove Ad-Aware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mooneyman1989

mooneyman1989

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

I installed Ad-aware yesterday in an attempt to try to remove adware on my PC. I ran the program and it did not find anything. This morning I tried to remove the program by going in to Control Panel Add/Remove programs. When I select the program the only options I have is to change/update the program. It does not give me an option to remove it. This program informed me that it has a conflict with my Norton Internet Security and I should remove Norton. I just want to remove this program but don't know how. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BTW – I did run AdwCleaner.exe that I found recommended on this site and it did remove some keys and file folders

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mooneyman1989

mooneyman1989
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

used Microsoft restor program and it removed the program  I THINK!!!!!!!

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Do you want to remove Ad-aware antivirus or Adware ?

#4 mooneyman1989

mooneyman1989
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Ad-Aware, a free? program.  I was able to a restore back to a prior date and get rid of the program. When I tried the remove program the only options were to change but not remove in the add remove program on the computer.  What was annoying was that when I would reboot the computer ,  It would flash on the screen that they had a file update.  However I think the restore of the computer to a previous date took care of the program and I do not see the icon on the bottom bar of the screen.  Thanks anyway, but I will let you know if I have any additional problems

#5 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

:thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users