Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet Explorer security pop-up at top of broswer each time a page is loaded

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Miroku16

Miroku16

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Okay, so I just found my IE displaying drop down/ pop-ups at the top of the page, just below the tabs displaying the following message almost  everytime with the exception of microsft.com

"internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options  problem"

It has never happened before.  Does anyone know what this means?  I tried doing the whole fix it thing on my IE (repair/reset) from mircosoft, and it did not do fix the problem.  I also tried clearing the SSL slate.  Still didn't fix it.

So what is this?  A browser issue?  Virus or Malware?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Computer OS: Windows XP

Affected Browser: IE 8; plus I had trouble accessing my hotmail account through google Chrome (don't know if problems are connected, but feel it is)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

ooops

Edited by dc3, 24 March 2013 - 10:18 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Internet explorer has blocked this website from displaying content - Microsoft Community

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Miroku16

Miroku16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

I tried doing the steps on the first answer section on the very top immediately after the question.  IE still displays message.  Even in no add-on mode, it doesn't really help.  Instead it displays "To help protect your security, IE has restricted this site from showing certain content.  Click here for options..." That message is when it is in no add-on mode.  

I did refreshes/repairs (fix it) as it recommended and rebooted computer.  Still did not work.  Tried finding updates, but could not find the critical security updates for it.  

Now I am using Google Chrome because it seems like it is not being affected by it, with the exception off not loading hotmail.com for some odd reason, but I hardly use that email anyway).  

So, what does it mean?  Can I get some detailed steps that can help my IE recover, because I feel that that link will not quite help me in this case, but we'll see.

#5 Miroku16

Miroku16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users