Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Use Gadwin

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bgorrah

bgorrah

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

I read about Gadwin, sounded great so I D/L and Installed it but I don't know what to do next.  Can someone tell me, step-by-step, how to use it as I am not very computer knowledgeable.

Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

See if this tutorial helps.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

See if this tutorial helps.

That's a great tutorial and it seems to tell everything but the very thing I want to use it for. I want to use Gadwin for making a Print Screen. Thank you for your suggestion.

Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Diagram Studio - Quick Tutorial.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Diagram Studio - Quick Tutorial.

Another great site and I thank you but I can't find anywhere where it tells a Novice how to use it for a Screen Shot.

Posted Image

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

If you only want a screen shot of your desktop you can use the Print Screen button, open paint and paste it, and save as to pictures.

Or you can use the snipping to and just save as and it will go to pictures.

#7 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

If you only want a screen shot of your desktop you can use the Print Screen button, open paint and paste it, and save as to pictures.

Or you can use the snipping to and just save as and it will go to pictures.

Thanks, but the only reason I D/L & Installed Gadwin in the first place was because I read some place that I could get a Screen Shot by just clicking 1-2 Keys which sounded real easy and fast to me as I am computer dumb.  Your 2 suggestions I have already tried but Gadwin sounds so much quicker with less steps to take.

Posted Image

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

It doesn't get much easier than using the snipping tool.

Go to the start orb> All Programs> Accessories> Snipping tool

Have the image you want to copy present on your desktop, click on the snipping tool.  A white cross will appear on the screen, move this to the left bottom corner of what you want to copy, click the mouse and hold it down and move the pointer to the right and upwards.  Take your finger off, click on File in the page that opens, click on save as, give it a name and click save.

Give it a try, you may like it.

#9 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

It doesn't get much easier than using the snipping tool.

Go to the start orb> All Programs> Accessories> Snipping tool

Have the image you want to copy present on your desktop, click on the snipping tool.  A white cross will appear on the screen, move this to the left bottom corner of what you want to copy, click the mouse and hold it down and move the pointer to the right and upwards.  Take your finger off, click on File in the page that opens, click on save as, give it a name and click save.

Give it a try, you may like it.

I just tried it and you are correct.  Your instructions were perfect. I'm not happy with all the steps I had to take but I got the Capture and that is what I really wanted.  Thank you so much.

Posted Image

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Glad to be of some help. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users