Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delta Search

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Hello all,

I made a download at a sight that I knew was questionable... yeah, I know better.  I don't know if this is only the toolbar or an infection.  I can't find it in Uninstall a program and doesn't show up in a search.  Could someone please inform me how to determine what this is and how to get rid of it.

Thanks,

Dan

Edit:  I downloaded and ran AdwCleaner, it's gone.

Edited by dc3, 24 March 2013 - 09:22 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hi Dan that's what I was going to say..

Also clean your Temp folder

Please download [url="http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe"]TFC[/url] (Temp File Cleaner) by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link

• Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
  • Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
  • Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • TFC will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, Java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder.
  • Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
Note: It is normal for the computer to be slow to boot after running TFC cleaner the first time.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Thanks boopme, I had forgotten Old Timers temp file cleaner, good suggestion. :thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

You're welcome dc3..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users