Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver issues

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Vanderseks

Vanderseks

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

So, i ran driver sweeper because i needed do install older ones. However, now when i try to install the driver, it gives me "failed to load detection driver". I figured that it cleaned out .net too, so i tried installing that, to no avail, as it gives me "The specified service does not exist as an installed service". The computer is running fine as far as i can see, except for it being 800x600. Anyone got any input?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

What kind of driver are you trying to install?

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Vanderseks

Vanderseks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

What kind of driver are you trying to install?

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Sorry, i failed to mention that Speccy doesnt work. I get the error 2 (CPU dll init failed) and when i click ok, it crashes.

The drivers are several different catalyst AMD drivers for my hd6950 graphics card.

Edited by Vanderseks, 23 March 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Why do you need to install the older version? Is there something wrong with the latest driver? Use the auto detect to install the right driver here http://www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/DESKTOP/GRAPHICS/AMD-RADEON-HD-6000/HD-6950/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6950-overview.aspx#4 and run a clean install of your currently installed driverhttp://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx Please post the computer brand/model next time and try running again speccy in normal mode.

Tekken

#5 Vanderseks

Vanderseks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

Why do you need to install the older version? Is there something wrong with the latest driver? Use the auto detect to install the right driver here http://www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/DESKTOP/GRAPHICS/AMD-RADEON-HD-6000/HD-6950/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6950-overview.aspx#4 and run a clean install of your currently installed driverhttp://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx Please post the computer brand/model next time and try running again speccy in normal mode.

Autodetect crashes on startup, and the catalyst uninstall makes no difference.

It's a hd6950 graphics card, phenom2 processor and a MSI 970A-G46 mobo.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

Tried the latest driver version from the link and manually installing it?

Tekken

#7 Vanderseks

Vanderseks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

Tried the latest driver version from the link and manually installing it?

No.... Instructions please? :)

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

I want to ask first if the CD driver disc which usually comes with your video card is available? If not, look for the How To install on the first category on the given driver link.

Tekken

#9 Vanderseks

Vanderseks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

I want to ask first if the CD driver disc which usually comes with your video card is available? If not, look for the How To install on the first category on the given driver link.

Again, the installer gives me "failed to load detection driver". Somehow, and i don't know how, my graphics card can now run 3d applications (speccy doesnt work though). Still the same thing with the driver installation.

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Are you running Windows 7 64 bit OS? If yes, see here http://www.msi.com/product/mb/970A-G46.html#/?div=Driver&os=Win7%2064 and download ATI System & VGA Drivers or System & Chipset Drivers.

Tekken

#11 Vanderseks

Vanderseks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Are you running Windows 7 64 bit OS? If yes, see here http://www.msi.com/product/mb/970A-G46.html#/?div=Driver&os=Win7%2064 and download ATI System & VGA Drivers or System & Chipset Drivers.

Tried it, same thing. Failure to load detection drivers.

Autoinstalling drivers installs 8.961.0.0.

#12 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Did you start with the chipset when this "failure to load detection driver" appears or is it run in safemode?

Tekken

#13 Vanderseks

Vanderseks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Did you start with the chipset when this "failure to load detection driver" appears or is it run in safemode?

Everything is working fine except for some 3d applications (giving me error to load physX, etc), so it's in normal windows. The chipset installer seems to be based on the catalyst installer, and, as stated before, the catalyst installer is not working.

#14 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

There seems to be a number of hits with CCC installation problems. Looking online on some thread shows that its either a previous removal of a driver and different brand of card and not completely removing the remnants completely. Can you try using this http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459 then reinstall the correct driver again?

Edited by jhayz, 31 March 2013 - 12:54 AM.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users