Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Poe1974

Poe1974

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hi Guys and Gals,

Not had this before so looking for a bit of assistance please.

Got a customer's Samsung laptop in a the moment that keeps blue screening with the above error.

The complete blue screen is :-

BAD_POOL_HEADER

0x00000019 (0x00000021,0xFD5FF000,0x00003100,0x000001F8)

Have tried getting in in safe mode but it still blue screens and also in last know good config.

Noticed that when I boot up in normal mode there is a pop up on screen to do with AVG NOT REGISTERING CORRECTLY.

Also, all icons on the desktop have no text to them, just distorted logo's.

Googled this earlier and there was something on a forum saying it was to do with avg and that the avg removal tool would cure it yet I cannot even get the pc to start up. Let alone run any kind of test.

Have spoken to the customer earlier and they say that they have not installed anything new recently.

So not sure what the issue is.

Have done a backup of their music and pictures via Ubuntu and also done a startup error check via the windows 7 disk but no joy so any help would be most welcome :)

I know i am an A+ tech but I have never had this one before so really appreciate any help offered.

Many thanks in advance,

Andy :)

Cheers

Edited by Poe1974, 23 March 2013 - 06:45 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LCS_Tech

LCS_Tech

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

If it was me that was working on that laptop my next step would be to pull the drive, interface to it via SATA to USB adapter and check the SMART info. It is possible that the drive might have bad sectors. you can use a great little utility called CrystalDiskInfo. It will provide you with the info about the health of the drive. I would also run a Chkdsk /r on the drive as well.

Microsoft says that 0x19 is typically caused by damage to the NTFS File System.

Also, I noticed that you mentioned that you backed up their music and pictures, don't forget to back up their documents, favorites, windows mail (if used), and key for Microsoft Office (if used), and desktop (lots of people like to store stuff on their desktop in folders).

Good Luck and Happy Troubleshooting.

Edit:

I've been a silver level reseller with AVG for almost 6 years now and I can honestly say that my gut feeling is that it has nothing to do with AVG but rather the issue you are seeing with AVG is a symptom of the larger problem. 

The only times I've ever seen AVG come up with the error that it cannot recognize the license number is after a repair install of XP or when SERIOUS damage to the registry has occurred. In this instance, with the BSOD of 0x19 and the possibility of the disk being in a state of failure, it makes sense to see AVG complain about its license number at startup.

Best of luck to you.

Edited by LCS_Tech, 23 March 2013 - 07:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users