Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avira keeps detecting virus HTML/DSPark.B

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 becca_lynn

becca_lynn

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Avira is running on the computer (Windows XP Professional, SP3) and about 2 weeks ago started detecting this virus and quarantining it, about every 15 minutes.  When I run a scan nothing comes up.  I downloaded TDSS and ran it today and it detected nothing.

The file in quarantine is jhkhj[6].htm and jhkhj[3].htm and is being stored in Temporary Internet Files.  I've tried deleting all the items in quarantine and emptying recycle bin but that hasn't cleared it either.

How do I get rid of this or make Avira stop detecting it?  It plays a noise every time the detection happens and it's getting quite annoying! 

Thanks in advance  :)
Rebecca

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hello and :welcome: to BleepingComputer.

Let's see what we're dealing with here.

Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
  • Before we begin, you should disable any anti-malware software you have installed so it does not interfere with RKill running. This is because some anti-malware software mistakenly detects RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how to disable your security software.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link

IMPORTANT!!! - when you save the file, rename it to something random, such as bubbles.exe This must be done before beginning the download!

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

~Blade

In your next reply, please include the following:
Malwarebytes Log

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 becca_lynn

becca_lynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Hi Blade!

Thanks for your help :)

Rkill reported no viruses and MBAM reported nothing too.  Here are the logs:

Rkill 2.4.7 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
Copyright 2008-2013 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:

Program started at: 03/24/2013 05:56:48 PM in x86 mode.
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* No issues found.

Checking Windows Service Integrity: 

* No issues found.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures: 

* C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\mqac.sys [NoSig]
 +-> C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB937894\SP2QFE\mqac.sys : 72,960 : 07/06/2007 09:52 PM : d92fce6729ee150a15a7cdbc433f390e [Pos Repl]
 +-> C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB971032\SP2QFE\mqac.sys : 91,776 : 06/22/2009 11:30 PM : 9229e191fe206628be17d1e67a5faed9 [Pos Repl]
 +-> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB937894$\mqac.sys : 72,960 : 07/28/2007 00:00 AM : db07b0088cdfd20c2a22e675120ede34 [Pos Repl]
 +-> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB971032$\mqac.sys : 72,960 : 07/06/2007 10:05 PM : 157a32ddc6a019a4e31b19d604d2f127 [Pos Repl]
 +-> C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\mqac.sys : 92,544 : 04/14/2008 00:39 AM : 70c14f5cca5cf73f8a645c73a01d8726 [Pos Repl]
 +-> C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mqac.sys : 91,776 : 06/22/2009 11:48 PM : eee50bf24caeedb515a8f3b22756d3bb [Pos Repl]

Checking HOSTS File: 

* HOSTS file entries found: 

127.0.0.1       localhost

Program finished at: 03/24/2013 05:57:56 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 1 minute(s), and 8 seconds(s)

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70.0.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.03.24.01

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512
OEM :: OEM-XPPROSP2C [administrator]

3/24/2013 5:59:49 PM
mbam-log-2013-03-24 (17-59-49).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 226456
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 8 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

But Avira is still detecting the same virus.

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.
(TFC only cleans temp folders. It will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies).
Close any open windows.
  • Double click the TFC icon to run the program
  • TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run
  • Click the Start button to begin the process.
  • Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
  • The program should not take long to finish it's job.
Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine, if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean

NOTE:
It's normal after running TFC that the PC will be slower to boot the first time.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder.

~Blade

In your next reply, please include the following:
How is the computer running now?

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#5 becca_lynn

becca_lynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:48 AM

I've tried to run TFC about 3 times now, and every time the computer freezes.  I hit start and then it says "stopping running processes" but it just stays on that screen for hours.

The virus is still being detected quite often from Avira.

What next?  Thank you again!! :)

#6 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method.
To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly.
A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".
Make sure you choose the option without networking support. When logging in, do NOT log in under the account titled "Admin" or "Administrator". Log in under your normal user profile.

Once in Safe Mode, try running TFC again. Let me know if you get a different result.

Posted Image

Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#7 becca_lynn

becca_lynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Awesome, it worked.  I was able to run TFC and it emptied all the folders.  I rebooted and Avira is still detecting the virus.

#8 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

It appears that the issues on your system will require a more in-depth examination than can be performed in this forum. Please read the information in this guide, and follow all the steps beginning with step 6. After you have followed the steps in that guide, I would like you to start a new thread HERE and include a link to this thread.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. The MRT is very busy, so it could be several days (1-3 days is the average wait right now) before you receive a reply. But rest assured, help is on the way!

~Blade

Posted Image

Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#9 becca_lynn

becca_lynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

Hi Blade,

I was able to run DDS and create the logs.  I started the thread here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491276/avira-keeps-detecting-virus-htmldsparkb/

Thanks!!

Rebecca

#10 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hello Rebecca,

Glad to hear. Someone from the MRT will be with you as soon as possible.

I am now closing this topic to avoid confusion.

~Blade

Posted Image

Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users